On lun 12 novembre 2007, David Megginson wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the suggestions so far.  Just to get back on
> track, we have to start by seeing if we can come up with a short,
> priority list of stuff that's (a) applicable to most aircraft, and (b)
> important enough to have a key assignment.  We can decide exactly what
> those key assignments will be (and what language[s] we'll use) after
>
> I've started my own list here:
>
> http://wiki.flightgear.org/flightgear_wiki/index.php?title=Keyboard_functio
>n_priority_list
>
> Please go to the page and edit it with your own suggestions.
> Collectively, I think we can come up with a priority list that's at
> least 80% good enough, though obviously we'll never hit 100%.
>

> All the best,
>

> David
> .

Wouldn't it be better to say first which mains features will not have an
official KEY dedicated ?

I have made a noise before, about the Carrier feature ( i am very sensitive
with it ) , only to discover later on, that was not a problem , since we are
free to overlap the KEY ("L" now in use for tail lock) ).

I usually use the following keys:

Carriers features
"L" Launchbar
"C" Catapult
"O" "o"  Hook
"F" "f" wings folding (or in my case with S-51 blade folding)
"d" door or canopy (open close)

With Turbine Engine
the start process is
"}" toggle Electric Master Switch On/Off
"s" get the external Air compressor resources
"{" toggle Cutoff

in addition  to it, with aircraft which have variable incidences or sweep
wings  "="  toggle

Within a close circle of  friends users this not a problem, it could be one
big problem when my hangar will be in CVS  :)

Cheers

--
GĂ©rard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/