I'm probably going to get tared and feathered (or tasered?) for this, but
can
we please get an optional keyboard mapping for "Microsoft Flight simulator
converts" ? This is to lower the barrier of entry for those who know nothing
else but FS004/FSX and would like to check out FlightGear.

My first FlightGear experience was "how the hell do I throttle up"...
poking the F4 button because I was used to that.

The alternative keyboard mapping should in my opinion be accessible from
the user interface through some kind of "Reset Keyboard Mapping to FSX"
and "Reet Keyboard Mapping to FlightGear" button or menu item that
can be found easily.

I know that not every function of FSX is accessible in FlightGear and vice
versa (in particular not the view system with the multiple sub windows),
but a mapping that gets the most important features right would be a huge
help for converts like me.

Christian