On Tuesday 11 December 2007 14:48, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * Durk Talsma -- Tuesday 11 December 2007:
> > As it looks right now, either tonight, or Thursday evening will
> > be my two windows of opportunity this week.
>
> I would rather go for Thursday, then. It's only known for a short
> time which aircraft are planned to go in, and even today and yesterday
> there were commits made to them. I could imagine that some want to
> make some last fixes and improvements. A release number of 1.0
> may not mean much to some people here, but it *does* mean something
> for a lot of the people out there, and I expect a lot more attention
> to a FlightGear v1.0 release than to a 0.9.11 one. We might get more
> reviews in more important places, and it can't hurt to polish some
> more. (And I committed a code change yesterday that could still
> turn out to have broken something. It would be a disaster if we had
> to release 1.1 a week after 1.0.  :-)

Okay, since I've gotten a few requests to roll up the tar files on Thursday,
let's do that. I usually try to make sure that I'm around for a little while
after a major commit, in case something goes wrong. Therefore, I will commit
all the required changes to make the release happen today (makefile, and
configure stuff), but wait with tagging CVS and rolling up the tar files on
Thursday.

Cheers,
Durk