Durk

> Sent: 11 December 2007 19:16
> To: FlightGear developers discussions
> Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Release update
>

> On Tuesday 11 December 2007 14:48, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > * Durk Talsma -- Tuesday 11 December 2007:
> > > As it looks right now, either tonight, or Thursday
> evening will be
> > > my two windows of opportunity this week.
> >
> > I would rather go for Thursday, then. It's only known for a
> short time
> > which aircraft are planned to go in, and even today and yesterday
> > there were commits made to them. I could imagine that some want to
> > make some last fixes and improvements. A release number of
> 1.0 may not
> > mean much to some people here, but it *does* mean something
> for a lot
> > of the people out there, and I expect a lot more attention to a
> > FlightGear v1.0 release than to a 0.9.11 one. We might get more
> > reviews in more important places, and it can't hurt to polish some
> > more. (And I committed a code change yesterday that could
> still turn
> > out to have broken something. It would be a disaster if we had to
> > release 1.1 a week after 1.0.  :-)
> >

> Okay, since I've gotten a few requests to roll up the tar
> files on Thursday,
> let's do that. I usually try to make sure that I'm around for
> a little while
> after a major commit, in case something goes wrong.
> Therefore, I will commit
> all the required changes to make the release happen today
> (makefile, and
> configure stuff), but wait with tagging CVS and rolling up
> the tar files on
> Thursday.

I've just updated the Seahawk in preparation for the release, and noticed a
couple of thing:

1. Nav-lights seem to be broken across MP. I haven't been able to fix it,
but I note that in multiplaymgr.cxx it's a "float", but everywhere else it's
a "bool". I don't know if this is the cause, but anyway I've put a
workaround into the Seahawk.

2. I still have stepping clouds here on start-up or when changing weather
scenarios. The fix is trivial - I've worked with Tim Moore on a patch.

Finally, I still get a crash if FG runs long enough. It _seems_ as if this
can be avoided if I disable Traffic Manager, but it might just be hastening
the inevitable end.

Regards

Vivian