On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 19:59 -0600, Curtis Olson wrote:
> But now I am concerned that all these missing light models are now
> placed incorrectly around the SFO area (or at least are not aligned
> properly with the terminal building) and I'm also concerned that these
> lights are not appropriate for SFO in the first place.  It's a very
> nice model, but I don't think SFO has this style of lighting where
> these lights are placed.

I added those lights to FlightGear Scenery Database months ago. I am not
sure if it was legal, but I did my best to find the lights on Google
Maps, often identified using their shadows. I then centered the view
around each one and copied the coordinate link, which FGFSDB takes as
input. I am not sure if Google Maps' coordinates was that precise, but I
just thought it was better than nothing.
I would not be surprised if Google Maps' imagery has changed since then.
I just took a look at some of the lights and I was not able to see those
anymore on the images.
I have not seen that model used anywhere around KSFO before I added the
objects.