On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 22:51:33 -0600
Curtis Olson wrote:

> Personally because of how close we are to finalizing the release, I'm
> *really* tempted to revert to the older scenery, but I don't know what
> other changes have been subsequently committed to adjust for the new
> scenery.

Maybe I'm missing something here (I'm trying hard to catch up with the
current situation), but I thought it was the other way around:  the
reason for the new scenery was that the old scenery was inconsistent with
the current apt.dat -- the result being that planes often started in the
grass, rather than at thresholds.  Since one of the airports that happened
at was KHAF, the tutorial airport, that seemed like a pretty bad thing and
a showstopper for release, necessitating either a reversion to a very old
apt.dat, or a more up-to-date build of the default scenery, before release.
One or the other was obligatory.  cf. the threads "Release issue: apt.dat
and scenery version" and "CVS: data/Airports apt.dat.gz,1.7,1.8".

Am I wrong about this?

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)