On Jan 16, 2008 7:23 PM, Syd&Sandy wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:19:32 +0100
> Melchior FRANZ wrote:
>
> > * Syd&Sandy -- Wednesday 16 January 2008:
> > > I rarely get time to check other's work , so I never know who
> > > else is using the gauges ...
> >
> > Sorry, but that's absurd. It takes almost no time to check ...
> >
> >   $ find $FG_ROOT/Aircraft -name \*.xml|while read i; do grep -l
> vsi-3d.xml $i; done
> >   /usr/local/share/FlightGear/Aircraft/harrier/Panel/harrier-panel.xml
> >   /usr/local/share/FlightGear/Aircraft/pittss1c/Models/pittss1c.xml
> >   /usr/local/share/FlightGear/Aircraft/Aerostar-700/Models/aerostar.xml
> >   /usr/local/share/FlightGear/Aircraft/B-1B/Models/B-1B.xml
> >
> > ... and given that the Aircraft/Instruments{-3d} dirs *are*
> > about sharing there's an obligation to check if one breaks
> > something after making incompatible changes.
> >
> > Of course, you can always miss something even if you check,
> > and it's not a tragedy if it happens. I just don't accept
> > the cheap "excuse".  :-}
> >
> > m.
> >

> Charming , as always :)
> Your right , I'll MAKE time to check , as soon as I decipher that line
> above :)
> Cheers

Syd,

Don't bother listening to Melchior, he's busy coming up with absurdly long
strings of obscure unix commands that are just a huge waste of time to
type.  You can do the same check with this much simpler command and save 26
key strokes (if you start in the aircraft directory):

find . -name \*.xml -exec grep -l vsi-3d {} \;

:-)

If you are running gnu-find you can skip the path portion "." or
$FG_ROOT/Aircraft entirely and it will assume the current directory (i.e.
".")

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/