Hi all,

Tonight we've had kind of discussion on the in-game-chat about
the idea to seperate playing and flying in different MP-servers.

First lets see why we want it:
- Most of the time half of all the pilots online at the server(s) isn't
flying according to the reality. These pilots are testing, crashing,
(trying to) block taxiways etc. Pilots that wanna fly could ignore
these people, but the fact is that more pilots would cause more and
longer/larger lags.
- Pilots, like I've noted in the text above, are ignoring (or opposing)
the instructions given by the Tower Controller. Thats anyoning for the
ATCer and for the other pilots. Pilots following instructions and aviation
rules don't know when a plane is coming to close, driving on the runway
or something like that if they should react (because if they don't it would
cause a crash in reallife) or not (if the pilots are just "amateurs" that are
crossing runways without clearence etc. the real-pilots don't need to
avoid them because it wont cause a crash in real).
- There are several more reasons, but I think these two are the most
important.

There are two solutions:
- Fly at other places/airports than KSFO (or other places where people
are messing around). This will reduce the lag, because you're out of reach
for the "amateur" planes. But chat will be visible (because it's spread around
a large area. So this is no solution for the ATC problems and we don't wanna
be "banned" to other places because our wish to fly real.
- Seperated servers is the best solution I think. We could have a server for
realistic flying and one for "gaming". The realistic-server will be populated
by
ATCers and pilots that are (trying to) follow(ing) the aviation rules etc. The
gaming-server is for pilots that wanna fly without ATC and any rules. Pilots
are free to fly, crash, hijack, block taxiways etc. at this server.Thanks for
your patience to read this text. I hope you agree with me, I like to
hear all your opinions.

Gijs de Rooy
PH-GYS
www.flightgear.nl.tp