On Friday 21 March 2008 01:07, Innis Cunningham wrote:
>  Hi Lee
>
> DETAILS WERE HERE
>
> > On Thursday 20 March 2008 13:29, Innis Cunningham wrote:
> >> Hi Lee

> >> I am not sure what you mean I use hotmail what are you seeing
> >> that I should look into.
> >
> > That's odd.  This one has come through without the e-mail
> > addresses in the body.  Have a look at your copies of this
> > thread and check your sent folder to see if you can see them in
> > your first reply to me, posted at 15:15 on 2008-03-19, then
> > re-quoted in my reply back to you at 15:35 on 2008-03-19.  Then
> > finally, it's all quoted again when you replied at 01:41 on
> > 2008-03-20.
> >
> > Strange, but there's a reason for it somewhere.  Hasn't
> > happened this time, so it's more of a curiosity than a problem.
>
> Ok I think I know what you are talking about there should be
> nothing at the top of the email were I put "details were here".I
> have always stripped that information off when I reply but this
> time I was just lazy is it supposed to be stripped off
> automaticly.I will keep that in mind in future

Glad we got that clarified:)  Stripping the info out, or only
including the body text, is usually the normal behaviour for e-mail
clients and I'd expect web-mail clients to do the same.  Perhaps
there's a setting somewhere in your Hotmail settings, or perhaps it
just doesn't work properly - wouldn't be the first time that a bug
has appeared in a bit of software:)

> >> I have got my sound working now so I can hear the sounds as
> >> well as see them playing but still FG bails out with the same
> >> error. As this was a Ubuntu package that I installed I would
> >> have though it would have worked.But does OpenAL need a 64 bit
> >> version to work with a 64bit CPU.As I say I do not have this
> >> problem running this same package on a 32bit machine

> >> Thanks again for your help and let me know about the email
> >> problem as I am no guru in this area.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Innis
> >
> > Heh:) - I'm no guru either.  Did you fix the sound by
> > installing new/updated OpenAL packages?  If so, have you
> > re-compiled everything to pick up the new packages?
>
> No the onboard sound I have is usb audio(new to me)I had to
> change some Ubuntu settings to make it work.As far as I can
> tell I have the correct OpenAL package for the 32bit version of
> of Ubuntu 7.10(gutsy)I am running.I guess I would have to
> force install or build from source to use a different package.
> I guess FG wont run if it does not OpenAL
>
> > LeeE
>
> Cheers
> Innis

I'm a bit at a loss for further suggestions - if OpenAL is working
ok with your other apps there's no reason why it shouldn't work
with FG.  The actual audio device shouldn't make any difference
because that sits on the other side of OpenAL and FG shouldn't be
trying to talk to the sound hardware directly.

LeeE