Hi Adam,

I think Melchior is the expert on this subject.  My particular problem has
been fixed ... it was an order dependency between when the data came in and
when the view parameters were computed.

By necessity, there is some smoothing in the view position for the external
chase views.  This code assumes smooth/continuous aircraft motion.  It's not
surprising that a major discontinuity could disrupt the smoothing code.  I'm
not sure there is an easy "fix" for this on the FlightGear side?

Would it be possible to introduce a bit of smoothing on your end, so that
the aircraft position updates are more smooth and continuous?  If nothing
else it would be interesting to see if this fixes your problem, and also to
see how much smoothing is required to make the problem go away.

Regards,

Curt.

Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/