Hi!

On Friday, April 25, 2008 Melchior FRANZ wrote

> * Adam Dershowitz -- Thursday 24 April 2008:
>> I spent a while trying to track this down, and finally figured out
>> what is going on.  The problem is that generic.cxx can only handle
>> floats, and that is not enough resolution for latitude and longitude,
>> so the last few digits are lost in the conversion.
>
> Eeew. I never thought of this possibility, but that makes sense.
> I'm not an fg networking user, so I can't comment on or commit
> your patches. I'll leave that to Curt.  :-)

    No, this is not the problem. May be in some cases. I provide FG with
data at 100Hz in binary form (my extension for generic protocol). The data
can be lost while converting from double to float only. At 0.9.10 all was
fine but not at 1.0.0.

    I look CVS for fix. It removes continuous high-level jitter but
sometimes screen flashes. I can not specify now how to reproduce it. This
can be set aside for future investigation.

With respect,
            Alex