On 24 Sep 2008, at 01:19, Syd wrote:

> Hi James ,
>    Im no expert coder , but I did take a look at it myself , and the
> lack of comments made that a no go for me. I tried to visit some of
> the
> sites he listed as reference material , but either they don't exist
> anymore or I just can't get to them .Judging by the code , it does
> seem
> to be a complex and accurate instrument , and if
> someone can figure it out , great.

I did some reading last night and it's probably the most accurately
modelled piece of equipment in FG - down to fault handling and so on.
But the configuration interface is big - there's several pages of
tabular data and many properties that are used. Most of them do seem
to be correct by default, but equally there's quite a few which are
probably not set in many aircraft. There seems to be a list of
aircraft 'types' (specified by an integer code), and when one is
picked, it defines a whole bunch of other parameters about climb rate,
maximum bank angle, minimum stopping distance, and so on.

I'll start putting notes into a wiki page, I guess.

> My nasal 'experiment' is meant to
> appease those who want it working , (and to see if I can do it ),
> but it
> wont be anywhere near as complex as the MK-VIII.

Yes, of course.

Regards,
James