Tim Moore wrote:
> I think you misunderstand the sense of the idiom "teaching your grandmother
> suck eggs." It implies nothing about the maturity of the "teacher." Vivian
> meant
> that you were treating him like a child -- that's the teaching an elderly
> person
> to suck eggs part -- but I think between his smiley and his "I know that you
> are

I'm still not completely convinced, but not being a native English
speaker I'll take your word for it. I'm sorry about it then, but could
we please leave these kind of expressions out of the discussion in the
future; being personal like this without being 100% sure the other side
knows exactly what is meant can set bad blood.
Again, sorry for the reaction.

Erik