On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 5:23 PM, James Turner wrote:

> On 22 Sep 2008, at 23:05, Vivian Meazza wrote:
>
> > A binary search, which I'm also trying, takes days. At some point we
> > left
> > OSG 2.4, used an interim version, then migrated to osg 2.6. An osg
> > rebuild
> > here takes well over an hour. So far, I've come about halfway
> > forward from
> > Apr, which is the last-known-good I have. The total rebuild takes
> > about
> > 3hrs. I can manage to find time for about 1 a day in all.
>
> Well, being selfish, one around the start of August would rule my
> changes in or out - but if you're slogging through the binary search,
> I'll leave you to it.
>
> > I have no evidence that it's anything that you have done, although
> > AJ might
> > take a different view. Still have hash.c in my sights.
>
> Well, hash.c might be to 'hot spot' but probably not the cause - AFAIK
> is hasn't been touched in a good long time.

Here's another idea to toss into the mix ...

What aircraft is being flown in these tests?  If hash.c looks like a
hotspot, that could also be triggered by an aircraft that had a lot of new
nasal code added.  Or it could be newly added default system nasal code?  I
don't know how much of FlightGear functions anymore without nasal, but
disabling the default nasal directory and picking an aircraft with little or
no embedded nasal code might also be an interesting test.  We could possibly
have crossed a threshold in terms of the amount of nasal code used for some
particular aircraft?

Regards,

Curt.
--