On mardi 30 septembre 2008, Heiko Schulz wrote:
> > These links are pointless, you're required to have an
> > account to view
> > the images,
> >
> >     Martin.
>
> Oh- shit, I forgot.....
> Sorry!
>
> O.k. for description:
> Helicopter landed on a basketball field of clay and made a really huge
> cloud of dust.
>
> Each cloudpart are shifting away randomly and affected by the wind, the
> downwash and the turbulences, covering the whole place. They are also
> affected by the objects around this area.
>
> This means it needs a lot of properties to control which our current system
> cannot use yet to my knowledge. Some of the effets named above can be done
> with .osg, but not yet with our particle system.
>
> Regards
> HHS

Hello Heiko,
That is exactly what i wanted to explain.

However today we can do it with a mixted of OSG script models (severals
models) and the usual animation property (scale, select, rotate) , i played
with it in order to get the wakes effects (large concentric circles moving
from inside to outside) of an helicopter which over the sea when rescueing
(S-51)
I never included it because the result was not nice, i hope (after many hours
working on these wake effects ) to propose something.

And, partly,  we have that approach, with the example of effects on the
Catalina CVS which use animation of OSG script animation models, animated by
the usual animations <property> rotate, select ( i don't remember if do use
scale). That existing example is tricky, and not very accurate  :(

Sure, the best, would be, to have everything included into our usual XML
language.
But, we must have first the features which manage a hierarchy of effects, with
the relationship child(s) mother  => multilevel  =>multistage (that is what i
called animations into animation).

It is easy to write it, within OSG script (which do not want too many lines of
script)

It won't be so easy to write it with XML ( if we had the features) , many..
many ... lines of XML script would be necessary  (look at any existing
examples of usual animation with hierarchy, for instance landing gear  and
its components, struts,  wheels..) and XML scripts will become very heavy to
write and to manipulate.

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

"J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire "