Martin Spott wrote:

> also the splash screen is being scaled into the lower, left corner. The
> FPS display, properly placed in the lower right corner, looks like all
> available numbers [0-9] are being drawn onto the same position at the
> same time.

Ok, this looks much better after the recent patch. The running sim
looks fine, the FPS figures read properly. Two minor nits remain:

1.) Early at startup the splash image is still being locked into the
    lower, left corner. When the yellow text changes to "initializing
    subsystems", it is getting re-scaled to the 'usual', well known
    size.

2.) I typically start FlightGear with "--geometry=1152x870". Upon
    resizing the surrounding X window during the "reading airport &
    navigation data"-phase, it looks like this resize event is not
    being announced to FlightGear and the sim remains running at
    1152x870 inside the large window and the rest remains filled with
    black.

Cheers,
        Martin.