On 30 Nov 2008, at 22:23, gerard robin wrote:

> For instance, yes, the Stampe is easy to fly but not realistic
> regarding  the
> FDM.
> Don't forget  we don't make a Game.

But equally, the C172, and the 777 handle 'predictably'. Giving new
users aircraft which they might *want* to fly, but which are difficult
to fly (without, for example, reading a tutorial) are not the best
choice for the base package. Concorde and the P51-d are both in this
category I think - they have excellent, well-developed and complete
models, but neither are a great choice for a new user to pick up and
get into the air with. They will produce lots of 'I tried FG, but all
I do is crash and crash and crash' feedback. Unlike other sims we have
no 'easy' mode in terms of FDM realism to solve this. (And look at all
the P-factor feedback even in the C172)

In contrast, in the Citation or 777, and with sufficient runway, one
can more or less push the throttle and go. It's not a realistic way to
fly, but it is the first thing many new users will do. The ones
seeking a realistic P51 or Concorde simulation will have no trouble
finding and downloading them. (Not to say aircraft installation
couldn't be made easier - I've love to standardise the .zip format for
aircraft so we could automatically unpack them into data/Aircraft from
the GUI front-ends)

James