On 16 Dec 2008, at 06:20, John Denker wrote:

> 22:: c172p: No GPS?  Is it realistic to fly without a GPS these days?
> Suggestion: Remove the ADF and DME from the main radio stack and use
> the space for a transponder and GPS.  The ADF and DME can be
> relocated far to starboard or discarded entirely.

I'm doing major GPS work locally, but sufficiently major that there is
no question of merging it before this release goes out (it's going to
temporarily break certain aircraft, until they are updated to use some
different /gps/ properties). In the medium term, I hope to be able to
support  a realistic, appropriate GPS unit in the panel.

> 32:: Dialog: As of rc2, if you sit at KSFO and try to relocate to the
> SAV VOR, it will take you to Savannakhet, Laos (SAV) ... even though
> the pilot probably wanted to go to Savannah, GA (SAV).  In case of
> ambiguity, the rule should be to go to the /nearest/ fix of the given
> name.

This one should be low-hanging fruit for me, I'll take a look today.

James