----- "Curtis Olson" a écrit :

> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Tatsuhiro Nishioka <
> tat.fgmac...@gmail.com > wrote:
>

> I guess Tim means 1.9.0, not 2.0.
>
> Actually 1.99.5 is just a temporal number for fgfs/cvs and (I believe)
> we're heading to 1.9.0. Curt told us that he put 1.99.5 since he had
> missed the discussion on this list about the version number for the
> first OSG release. This is why I gave 1.9.0-preN to mac binaries.
>
> Got confused? The final dicision will be made soon, so we'll see.
>
> Anyway, shorter release cycle can give flightgear a chance to get more
> attension, so I like that idea. If quarterly releasing cycle is a bit
> too often, then semiannual is fine for me.
>
> What do you guys think?
>
> Personally, I think a big build up to an oddball version number like
> 1.99.5 is a little strange, but again, I'm not so hung up on version
> numbers as long as they keep increasing. It would also be odd to
> backtrack since the point of version numbers is to distinguish
> releases in some logical order. I had in my mind that there would be a
> 1.99.x release sequence as a build up to a major v2.0 release (rather
> than 1.99.5-rcX building up to a v1.99.5 release.) So there are some
> crossed wires here that unfortunately is leading to a weird version
> number situation.
>
> In the meantime, I have been working on a script that will streamline
> the release process a bit. My hope is to start doing more frequent
> source releases once this major release is pushed out the door.

For the moment, the really strange thing is that the mac version has
another numbering scheme. If we are pushing for a more frequent release
rate, maybe the -rcX thing should be skipped and fix bugs from release
to release. That also means that the aircraft list should be frozen in
order to capitalize on experience.

-Fred

--
Frédéric Bouvier