Durk Talsma wrote:

> Just to make a blunt suggestion, although not completely of my own
> imagination: would it be an idea to release this version as 2.0?. Initially,
> we wanted to do a 1.9.0 release, because we felt that the OSG transition
> wasn't quite there yet. Since then, enormous progress has been made, in
> particular in the 3D clouds departments. So given this unexpected progress,
> would labeling this release as 2.0 be  a viable option? I know that Curt's
> been in favor of calling this release 2.0. I initially was a bit more
> reluctant, but given the enormous progress, I have to say I'd be open to the
> suggestion.
>
> I agree with Tat that we need to think of a good versioning system for future
> releases.

There are still problems with the clouds (the draw order problem with
particles), and Tim has already mentioned his intention to start
committing the code required for shadows after this release. I believe
that code also makes landing lights a possibility. I'd be tempted to
make the first release including both of those features 2.0

Jon