On 31 Dec 2008, at 17:38, Martin Spott wrote:

Now that the release is out, my I add a little reminder to this patch
which was meant to add some 'cleanup' to SimGear's use of threading
libraries:

 http://blaniel.free.fr/pub/flightgear/patches/ot_simgear.patch

That patch is entirely reasonable, but Yon's is better - rather than making SGAtomic use some OpenThreads primitives, it just delegates the entire atomic int handling (policy and platform decisions included!) to OpenThread's own atomic class.

Of course, Yon's patch only changes SGReferenced, but that's the key user (in terms of performance and memory impact) for SGAtomic.

James