Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> How will a VEC3 property be written in an XML file? As
> <foo type="vec3">123;341;123</foo>? Will then every application
> which reads such a file have to have its own (sub)parser for
> certain fields, in addition to using an XML parser?

This is my strongest point to be against it. The property tree is there
for easy xml file loading and saving. I can see no obvious way to save
those VEC properties to an xml file in a way that is supported by the
xml specification.

It is impossible at this time to say whether or not that is desirable at
all in the future so this option should be left open.

Aside from that is see no reason to add them in the first place.

Erik