----- "Melchior FRANZ" a écrit :
>   visibility 0m     ->  specular * 0
>   visibility 22.5km ->  specular * 0.5
>   visibility 45km   ->  specular * 1
>

> Why would a visibility of 22 km only give me half the specularity
> of a visibility of 45 km? On an object that stands a few meters
> in front of me! That basically means, (almost) no more glossiness.

Maybe I missed something but the visibility is not related to the distance
between the viewer and the object. As far as I understand Erik's intention,
there should be no glossiness in fog or inside a cloud, so setting glossiness
to 0 when visibility is 0 makes sense to me. Perhaps the decreasing law is not
linear ( fog is not linear in its nicest settings ).

-Fred

--
Frédéric Bouvier
http://my.fotolia.com/frfoto/              Photo gallery - album photo