Hi Heiko,

On Monday 22 June 2009 14:46:22 Heiko Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to follow the bughunting of the NaN-reports which freezes FGFS time
> to time. With a fresh setup of flightgear using Frederic's binaries and the
> datas of 05/12/2009 I had again the NaN-reports. The interesting thing was
> that it occured only at spots around the world with <lat 50.0: KSFO, KLAX,
> EDDS, LSZH and others. All places more north I hadn't see anything like
> that. The next thing I tried was to disable AI-Interactive traffic (traffic
> manager) - I had still the reports. But disabling AI-Traffic in
> preferences.xml helped!
>  As I already mentioned here on the list was that those AI-Traffic (not
> AI-Interactive traffic) is jumping- it seems to me that this broken code
> behind is the cause of those NaN-reports. Maybe already known, but I hope
> this is helpfull to get rid of it!

I've just gotten to the same conclusion, except for the lat < 50 deg north.
Last week, after a short trip between EHAM and EHGG (lat =52 30 or
thereabouts), I got a similar crash after observing wildly jumping AI
Aircraft. I'm pretty sure the AI Traffic system is the culprit, but haven't
really an idea why it's misbehaving.

Also, considering the fact that the AI Traffic system is considered to be
depricated, I'm not sure how mich time I'm willing to invest in fixing this
proble, as opposed to disabling it all together and start to move it's
remaining functionality into the AI Traffic Manager system.

Cheers,
Durk