> You can "tint" the view from the menu to darken it so the screen info
displays clearer ... what about another step to blackout the background
view completely?
Well I really think having separate "window" and "scope" views might make it
easier to discern the details, particularly the callsigns and data blocks in
the scope.  So next time I do
ATC I will switch back to version 1 and see if I have a better experience.

> a line from the tower center outward on the display that could be rotated ,
> but centering it on  a runway might be tougher.
If the extended centerlines are difficult to do, a radial from the tower would
probably be a "close-enough" approximation, although of course it would never
be exact since very few runways extend on radials intercepting the tower :) :)
:)   It's a decent work-around for now.  I know you have several other projects
you're working on.  Maybe there's someone else on the list already working on
improving the ATC set?

> Another plan I had was to remove any "true heading " references , since
airports deal in magnetic headings , and it just confuses issues.
Indeed.  Of course there's some debate over the METAR info, whether it is in
true or magnetic, and I think the consensus was that it's in true?  This is the
first simulator I've experienced with this level of detail given to such
things, so I can't really weigh in.  I know that the wind display atop the ATC2
screen does "translate" it, which is nice.

I'm still way below the level where I can code these things on my own, but I
might be at a point now where I can compare ATC1 and ATC2 and snip out the best
bits into a cobbled-together version I like.  Maybe I'll mess with that over
the coming weeks and see where I end up.

Thanks again for the audience.

Sincerely,
-R. (MD-Terp)

 Robert M. Shearman, Jr.
Transit Operations Supervisor,
University of Maryland Department of Transportation
also known as rm...@umd.edu