Randy,

Since you wanted to compile from source, I assumed, wrongly that you would
be using cvs-head of all source code. This is what I do; well more or less
because I have some development code as well. We didn't introduce the MSVC9
stuff until comparatively recently.

If you want to go back to 1.9.1, and there is no reason why you shouldn't:
use the VC7.1 solution files and convert them to MSVC9 files using the
utility built into MSVC9. You should be able to find matching versions of
flightgear and simgear, and I think the latest stable version of osg will
work. Alternatively, go down the cvs-head route. It's all a bit of an effort
to start with to get the paths and all the dependencies right, but it does
work in the end.

Hth

Vivian