Tom P wrote:

> The jury is still out on the choice of DVCS, but I hope we finalize it soon
> and we can put your server (and plenty of bandwidth!) to good use.

I'm sure we'll manage to arrange a couple of read-only GIT servers for
use by Joe Average. A round-robin DNS will do the rest. In consequence,
the Gitorius site could be limited to being used by authenticated
developers only, thus saving a lot of bandwidth at their end.

BTW, the MapServer host is close to having a dedicated 1 Gbit/s uplink.
As I understand, this is already a lot more than the current CVS has.
Having a little pool of servers as an add-on would certainly bring new
experience to the game ....

Cheers,
        Martin.