I wrote
> Tim Moore

> > 1.37 of Boost

> > Boost
> > >
> > The requirement is actually version >= 1.37. I'm sorry that wasn't
> clear.
> >
> > > Indeed. To put it the sarcastic way (it's sunday morning before
> > > coffee): If you're breaking people's build environment anyway, then
> > > please do it thoroughly  ;-)
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >   Martin.
> > 1.37 Has been out for a year and is included in the distribution I do
> most
> > of my
> > fg development in, Fedora 11, so I thought that was a fairly
> conservative
> > choice.
> > I've heard reports that Debian stable doesn't include it, which may
> > eventually be
> > a problem for packagers. The critical feature from 1.37 is
> unordered_map;
> > does
> > Debian stable have std::tr1::unordered_map (i.e.,
> > /usr/include/c++/..../unordered_map)?
> >

> Good - I'm using Boost 1.39.0. Build is no problem under MSVC9. I see no
> bugs so far in testing at KSFO, EDDF, and EDDI, although loading remains
> somewhat protracted. Updated executable is here:
>
> ftp://ftp.abbeytheatre2.org.uk/fgfs/executable/
>

> I note that we seem to have gone back to rather low ambient light levels.
> Is
> that something in these changes, or did we do something earlier?

Bugs are appearing. Some transparencies are no longer transparent. The
Rafale canopy and exhaust plumes for example. Others seem unaffected -
Seahawk.

The specular refection check box in the dropdown menu seem non-op when
shader effects are selected. When they are not the effect is excessive. (The
obverse of the ambient light?)

Vivian