On 21 Dec 2009, at 16:33, Heiko Schulz wrote:

> There were major changes on the GPS and Route-Manager since August (3 Months
> ago already!)
>
> So this has affected the the use of the autopilot as well.
> All aircrafts using the generic Autopilot-panel are affected, but not those
> with an own written flightdirector like Syds Aircrafts (Citation Bravo works
> perfect) or with own configured autopilots like the senecaII, c172p, PA24-250.

> True-Heading can be used with the DTO-Mode in the GPS-menu in the Menubar.
>
> I think James can tell more!

The issue / feature here is that the route-manager code has 'always' (for
years, at least) directly set /autopilot/settings/true-heading-deg based on its
internal route-following logic. Personally I don't think it's a great feature,
but people do use it (the route manager) in conjunction with the generic
autopilot dialog to quickly navigate between waypoints. When I broke the
feature by accident, it was noticed, and people asked for the feature back.

As far as I know, the old route-manager code behaved much the same as my code
does now - but it sounds as if you disagree?

For the record, my perception is that entering a value in the generic autopilot
dialog for 'true heading' has never worked, because the value would **always**
be over-written by the route manager.

What *has* changed is that the value now actually comes from the GPS code, not
the route-manager. Both are equally 'generic' (just like the autopilot itself),
it was just simpler from a code design perspective to handle the autopilot
interaction in the GPS code, and keep the route-manager separated.

Does this fit with what you're seeing?

Regards,
James