On Dec 24, 2009, at 11:37 AM, Peter Brown wrote:

> On Dec 24, 2009, at 5:14 AM, James Turner wrote:
>

>> On 24 Dec 2009, at 06:36, Peter Brown wrote:
>>
>>> -the route manager sometimes will open with 36000 feet in the hold altitude
>>> box, and 7240 kts in the hold speed box.  Any attempt to change them will
>>> default back to these amounts.  I am trying to see if relates to any
>>> particular aircraft, but to date it's been pretty random.
>>
>> That is very odd, some uninitialized values or similar. Though 36000 is a
>> bit specific. Is it always these exact values, each time?
>>
>> Anyone else ever seen this?
>>
>> Regards,
>> James
>
> James,
>
> First off, (it was late last night) let me correct my statement.  I am
> referring to the generic autopilot, not the course manager.  It does not seem
> to have any correlation to the course manager.
>
> I'm finding it more specific.
> Example A -
> Aircraft : AD-6, F-4N, A-3D, RA-5
> Airport : KGFL
> Runway : 30
> Heading bug : 130.94
> True Heading : unreadable due to it flipping.  Click on the box and sometimes
> I will get 116.835, the other times I can get 344.532
> Alt Hold : 18 - This is unchangable
> Speed Hold : 120 - This is unchangable
>
> I'm not flying each model right now, but previously all other parameters
> would work (wing leveler, pitch hold, VS hold, etc)
> So I was thinking it was a jsb relation, but then I tried these same aircraft
> at KPBG and they work fine.  Can it be a navaid issue?
>
> The issue will carry forward with you.  If you change airports using the
> "location" menu, the issue will stay, but the numbers will change.
> If you quit and restart at another airport (that doesn't have an issue such
> as KPBG) then it works fine.
>
> I just tried Gary "Buckaroo" Neeley's new MD-81, which is a very good yasim
> fdm but has no other interference as a test bed, and it displays the same
> data issues in Autopilot.
>
> Seems like random airports where this shows up.  KBGR and KPBG it works fine,
> but KALB it's there.
> KALB
> Aircraft : dh2w, MD-81, 777-200ER
> Heading bug : 114.421
> True Heading : 265.842, or 100.613, depending when you click the box.
> Alt Hold : 18, unchangable
> Speed hold : 120, unchangable
>
> So that's interesting - the Beaver and MD-81 has no autopilot, and while I
> don't fly the 777, I assume it does(?).
>
> Hope that helps,
> Peter

James, 3 more notes -

At KJFK in either Gerard's Fouga Magister, or the Senecall - these are more
typical numbers that I referred to initially.
Heading Bug : 249.177
True Heading : 236.009, but every few seconds it jumps to something else and
then comes back.  Can't click it fast enough to catch the other heading.
Alt hold : 36, unchangeable.  This is the most common number - 36 or 36000.
Speed hold : 8246.  unchangeable. This is the most common number here - 7246 or
8246.

At KJFK in the KC-135
Heading bug : 249.165
True heading : 235.997 or 275.767, this one jumps just long enough to click and
catch the 275.767 - otherwise unchangeable.
Alt hold : 36, unchangeable.
Speed hold : 8245.  unchangeable.

Peter