Peter Brown wrote:
> Erik, if you point out a path to me I'll look, but I don't know where to look
> to check the version of OpenAL.  The CVS I'm using was compiled by Tat on the
> Mac FG site he hosts.  If I could describe more accurately I would say that
> it sounded like the hz was way off, so instead of a recognizable sound wav it
> is more of a ugly solid tone.  If you are using the tower viewpoint and the
> a/c flys by, the tone still changes as it goes by, but from one "solid" tone
> to another.

Ok, I've added some extra information (to CVS) when running 'fgfs
--show-sound-devices' The first line now shows the default OpenAL
renderer and the OpenAL vendor.

It sounds to me like the MacOS version of OpenAL behaves the same as the
Sample Implementation which would be easy to fix (once I have the vendor
and renderer information).

Erik