Hi all,

From: Stuart Buchanan <stuart_d_bucha...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [Flightgear-devel] Update FG Short Reference
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:55:00 +0000 (GMT)
> I've spent an hour or so making the key assignments accurate and improving
> the mouse mode description. An updated version is available here:
>
> http://www.nanjika.co.uk/flightgear/FGShortRef.pdf
>
> Comments are very welcome as always.

Stuart, here I describe some comments and minor corrections.

> Program Start: Linux/UNIX via the fgfs under /FlightGear,
> Windows via the FlightGear wizard fgrun.exe under
> /FlightGear/bin/Win32/

These path names seem as if "/FlightGear" is a root directory.
I think it might be better to write "FlightGear" and
"FlightGear\bin\Win32", respectively.

Hopefully, adding a path for Mac OS X launcher will improve the
quality of the documents.
I remember its subdirectory is FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources, but
I don't know the name of launcher program.
Can anyone suggest a short description about Mac OS X launcher?

> Tab. 5: Special action of keys, if autopilot is enabled. [U.S.
> keyboard uses "." instead of ","]
(snip...)
> 0 / , Heading adjust

According to $FG_ROOT/keyboard.xml, AP heading adjustment keys are not
"0 / ," but "4 / 6".
Thus, the description for Tab. 5. can be simplified as "Tab. 5:
Special action of keys, if autopilot is enabled."

> N/n Decrease/Increase selected propellor RPM

Minor typo.
 "propellor" --> "propeller" or "propellers".

Mouse controlled functions:

> 1. In normal mode (pointer cursor), the panel and cockpit controls
> can be operated using the mouse. To change a control,click with the
> left/middle mouse button on the corresponding knob/lever. Generally,
> the left side of the control decreases the setting, while the right
> side increases the setting. The left mouse button makes small
> changes while the right button makes larger ones.

I think "left side" and "right side" might be better to write "left
button" and "middle button", respectively.

Meanwhile, to my knowledge of 1.9.1, left button and middle buttons
act as fine and coarse tuning, respectively.
Which knob/lever which can be increased/decreased using left/middle
mouse buttons?

> 2. In control mode (cross hair cursor), the mouse is used to
> directly contol the aircraft in the absence of a joystick.

Minor typo.
 "contol" --> "control"

> Holding the mouse button down while moving the mouse controls the
> throttle (forwards/backwards) and rudder (left/right).

My suggestion.
 "the mouse button down" --> "the left mouse button down"

> Short Reference by M. Basler, S. Buchanan for FlightGear version
> 1.9.2.

FG Short Reference uses 1.9.2, but the Manual uses 2.0.0.
Which is correct as version number of the next release?

That's all.

Cheers,
Toshi