Hi Jari,

>> Geoff, how do you make it through the svn check in
>> configure.ac or really building terrasync?

I don't have any problems ;=)) utils/TerraSync/
terrasync builds without ANY problems in my
64-bit Ubuntu 8.04...

I do _NOT_ have the svn library, nor svn_client.h installed,
but of course do have runtime svn version 1.5.1 (r32289),
and rsync version 3.0.4, protocol version 30, so assume
fgfs would shell out, IF NEED BE...

But I _NEVER_ use TerraSync! It is abhorrent to me that fgfs
should need to download 'scenery' to my machine, on the
fly, as it is, putting it somewhere... UGH!

But to be sure, the concept of 'terrasyncing' is good,
for those who want to use it, and should be continued,
and fixed if there are problems, but for me, like 'real'
piloting, I prefer to make sure I have all the
maps, oops I mean scenery, BEFORE I go there ;=))

I have downloaded, and installed 100% of the current
scenery 1.0.1, and will do the same as each new build
is done... HDD space is really cheap these days...

Or I could burn my own DVDs, or better still toss a
few bucks to Curt and get the DVD set by mail...

As simple as that ;=))

Regards,

Geoff.

PS: I hope this post is NOT classified as part
of any 'litany' ;=()