On 02/06/2010 08:06 AM, Erik Hofman wrote:

>> That does not fix the main problem.  It does not fix
>> the bug that I am reporting.
>
> The problem you reported is that the linker can't locate the library.
> If it's location is defined in ld.so.conf (and after running ldconfig)
> it can.

No, that is not the bug I am reporting.

Beware that the word "linker" is ambiguous.  ld is
different from ld.so.  More precisely, /usr/bin/ld
is different from /lib/libdl.so* ... different
program, different purpose, different specifications.

For example, I can change the behavior of ld.so by
setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  That cannot and should
not affect ld.