Here are a couple things off the top of my head ...

- FlightGear is currently powering several FAA certified pilot training
devices (www.atcflightsim.com)

- Flightgear uses a wgs-84 round earth model so you can fly from your real
aviation charts and hit all the intersections and radials and headings right
where they should be.

- FlightGear has all the stars in the correct place in the sky for the
current time and location as well as the sun and the moon and the planets,
and the moon with proper phase ... you probably didn't know that Durk. :-)

- FlightGear's runways are not exactly flat ... just like in the real world
they follow the lay of the land and there can be substantial differences in
altitude from one end of the runway to the other.

- FlightGear's autopilot code has been used to fly real UAV's autonomously
in the real world ...

- FlightGear has some of the most realistic and complete helicopter flight
dynamics available in PC sims.

- FlightGear has an awsome V22 Osprey model that is a total blast to fly
once you get the hang of it.

- FlightGear supports multiple monitors on a single PC.  We've demonstrated
a system with 8 displays all connected to a single (quad-core) PC.  One box
driving 8 displays (4 pci-express video cards) ... limited not by
FlightGear, but how many displays you can plug into your machine.

- FlightGear has been around for 14 years of active development!

Regards,

Curt.

Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/