Hi,

Nice to hear to have a new release soon.

But:
> Gijs de Rooy wrote:
>
> > Great news Durk! One thing that came up in my mind:
> would it be good to write a post at the forum, to stimulate
> > people to put their planes into Git as soon as
> possible? We have quite some nice (GPL) stuff hanging
> around, that's
> > not been commited yet [...]
>
> Actually I'm not sure if this is the "right" (TM)
> procedure. If people
> are serious about their stuff, then they'll have to learn
> to commit
> their stuff early _without_ being faced with some release
> deadline.
> If they don't, their problem - next time, after the release
> passed
> without their contribution included, they probably commit
> earlier.
>
> The traditional scheme that a few people have to work
> fulltime for a
> couple of days during the release process just because
> others have
> simply been lazy over the past year doesn't have to be this
> way.
>
> Cheers,
>     Martin.

I understand that "Release soon, release often" is one way and even the better
way to work in a OpenSource-Developement.

But I agree to Gijs that it would be more than nice to add a reminder and a
information about the started release procedure-  we need the help of the users
to find out bugs and other problems.

That people don't let it commit to GIT is due to the fact, that many people
already are not happy that we have about 200-300 aircrafts, where the majority
of is not really usuable or draw a wrong image of FlightGear.
We have discussed this in the forum and the conclusion was that we need a
seperation of the Aircrafts on the Download page in several categories like
Alpha, in developement, Production. The long discussed rating sheme was one of
this conclusion.

Cheers
Heiko