"Hal V. Engel" wrote:

> In general I agree that just taking all of the aircraft on GIT and making
> them
> available for download without some kind of rating system is a bad idea.

Actually we don't, in contrast, we already _do_ have sort of a (simple)
rating schema.  When you look at the Aircraft download page, then
you'll see quite a few having the respective "Status" attribute
assigned.
I wonder if introducing a more complex schema for use with the download
page is going to reach its goal if even the simple schema isn't being
applied consistently.  And I heavily doubt wether a couple of figures
really serve the user better than easily comprehensible terms like
"pre-alpha" or "early-production".

I think you're talking about how to run while it yet has to be
determined how to walk.

Cheers,
        Martin.