On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 23:38:27 +0100, Csaba wrote in message
<aanlktinn223ocnob8jo4gh3wcjn9ngqofnphx3ulh...@mail.gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:52 PM, John Denker <j...@av8n.com> wrote:
> > It's spelled "ATI"
> >
> > On 01/27/2011 08:01 PM, Csaba Halász wrote:
> >> I am now running the shiny new 11.1 fglrx driver on my integrated
> >> HD4200. The 737-100 has some silly landing lights, but other than
> >> that, it looks normal.
> >
> > I just how upgraded to the 11-1 fglrx driver.
> >
> > Still no runway lights.
>
> Of course not, since the problem is in FG. The "point sprites" option
> has been broken since a while. ATI is innocent, I demand satisfaction
> :)

..I vote guilty on their fglrx driver, and unguilty on their cards:
https://github.com/gasguru/flightgearthings/raw/master/ATI-nite_warriors/radeon-fgfs-screen-061.png

> (assuming said magical "point sprites" not working is not an ATI bug
> by itself)

..only in their fglrx driver, AFAICT, the hardware and X.org's radeon
driver does the right things with runway lights.

> http://www.imagebam.com/image/ff01b6117146655

..if you zoom in or get closer, do you see the missing
runway lights?

..now, there are other shady shader issues, blood red snow around
https://github.com/gasguru/flightgearthings/raw/master/ATI-nite_warriors/radeon-fgfs-screen-005.png
sunset, too brightly white at noon, much too dark at midnight, snow
reflects e.g. moon 'n star etc shine and aurora borealis, playing
with the hi quality setting has shady dark cities eat frame rates:
https://github.com/gasguru/flightgearthings/raw/master/ATI-nite_warriors/radeon-fgfs-screen-049.png
https://github.com/gasguru/flightgearthings/raw/master/ATI-nite_warriors/radeon-fgfs-screen-050.png

..and, what _is_ this view?
https://github.com/gasguru/flightgearthings/raw/master/ATI-nite_warriors/radeon-fgfs-screen-002.png