Hi,

probably spotted the cause for the reported reset crash: it's the same
as already reported before - targeted by this earlier patch:
http://www.gitorious.org/fg/flightgear/commit/287cc74965e11ff3888117a9d9b88ed2bdbb9252

This patch unties all JSBSim properties prior to reset. However, it's
not quite sufficient and misses some JSBSim properties.
Problem is that JSBSim can also tie properties outside the /fdm/jsbsim
branch - using property paths which can be configured in
aircraft-specific configuration files.
For example, the configuration of the 747 (in Systems/failures.xml)
causes JSBSim to bind the following additional properties:

/accelerations/pilot-gdamped
/controls/fuel/fuel-to-remain
/sim/model/pushback/target-speed-fps
/autopilot/autobrake/left-brake-output
/autopilot/autobrake/right-brake-output

These properties aren't untied by the earlier patch - so still result in
trouble.

I'm currently testing a different patch for the same issue: instead of untieing
all properties below the /fdm/jsbsim (only), I added a list to JSBSim's
FGPropertyManagager, so it keeps track of all the properties it has actually
bound. It can then use this list to untie all its properties - no mattere where
these are located in the property tree.

This patch seems to fix the issue for me. I'll do a few more tests and
(hopefully :) ) propose this a new patch...

cheers,

Thorsten