Curtis Olson wrote:

> On the subject of nasal and the property system.  What this gives us is the
> ability to create all kinds of specific aircraft functionality or
> functionality specific to [...]

I agree for the cases you're outlining in your statement. On the other
hand I think I understand what Alasdair is concerned about:

Taking the ground surface material into account is a 'feature', a
requirement which clearly belongs into the responsibility of the
gear-department of the FDM. Thus if Nasal hacks to circumvent FDM- or
other core-deficiencies are becoming standard in the long run, then
this development is very likely going to bite you sooner or later.

Maintaining a healthy level of distinction between core features and
add-on's is, to put it straightforward, a matter of 'education'.

Cheers,
        Martin.