On 20.02.2011 15:40, Curtis Olson wrote:
> I know there is one android/flightgear app that serves as a remote
> control for flying FlightGear via your android phone--perhaps that is
> what you found?  It uses the network interface which provides good
> separation of application licensing.
Yes & no. It's an app particularly marketed as a flightsim for Android -
named "FlightGear". Pictures promoting the app show the infamous
ProFl*Sim package. It also has a link to the profl*sim website (e.g.
FlightGear dot us). So, it's another activity of the ProFl*Sim scammers.
They certainly haven't ported FG to Android, so it's either a complete
hoax - or they indeed try to sell the Android remote control (pretending
it to be a full flightsim). My guess is the latter (since it saves them
work of creating a hoax application first).

This site offered the "FlightGear" (ProFl*Sim) package for Android until
a few hours ago:
http://de.appbrain.com/app/flightgear/com.flightgear

Now it just says "This app is unfortunately no longer available on the
Android market.". Ha...

Partially it's still visible in google's cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:9zRzOnUzIVsJ:https://market.android.com/details%3Fid%3Dcom.perfectflight+android+flightgear

cheers,
Thorsten