On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 07:32:54 +0700, Harry wrote in message
<aanlktikopbzo1-h7qga8nano68gmb4mm07anm8eb3...@mail.gmail.com>:

> Memories,
>
> heres an old article on we we were doing in the F28s and airfield
> surveys, whilst off topic, it may be of interest.
>
> http://www.airwaysmuseum.com/Flying%20Unit%20navaid%20cal%20article%201990.htm
>

> Item 8 -- (8) good low speed handling and go-around performance from
> very low altitude;
>

> This i clearly remember like yesterday, sitting in the jump seat at
> the end of a VASI approach test, under full power doing 180 turnback
> to 1000 feet, cows beside the airstrip just below us, running in all
> directions with their tails wrapped up over their backs. It looked
> like we were going to put the wingtip up their backsides.
>
> We thought it was a hell of a joke, but the farmer I assume was not
> impressed.

..saw no farmer in my case, the 2 newspaper readers in the back
appeared if anything, _annoyed_ at us 3 headset brats up front,
they saw us aim about 50 feet short into a potato field with
reverse power, we started our 180 about 50 meters out to the right,
I'm not sure about the altitude, may have been 50 meters too, I
could not see the 09 threshold of ENSK from seat 1B, the view was
_all_ potato field until the aircrew pushed the power levers forward
for the round-out and slick-on, I only felt the nose wheel touch
and spool up, dry asphalt for all 3 wheels.

..all this for a wee somewhat snotty comment on "slobby ass full-
scaler's wasteful use of airspace around airfields" on climb-out
from ENAN 29 years ago, TwinOtters are _real_ fun aircraft. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: