On 03.04.2011 16:18, Torsten Dreyer wrote:
> Me, too. I had a few coredumps with the 4-nvidia-cards, 8 monitors
> (multithreading=automatic) setup since I had that enabled. I was not able to
> backtrace and blame it to the CACHING-Option, however. So this might just be a
> random correlation.
In fact I haven't seen any crash for a very long time now (yay!). But
I'm not using multi-threading, as that never worked for me. FG starts,
but the scenery doesn't look right: the surface is all black and many
models are only visible partially. Does this work for everyone else -
maybe depends on newer OSG versions (>2.9.x)?

> How about checking a /sim/rendering/cache property at startup?
Good idea. I'll be adding this and enable it by default. Let's see if we
get any user reports... (of course I'm thinking about the "usual"
thank-you-messages from people being extremely happy with the
improvements :) ).

cheers,
Thorsten