Hi Arnt,

> ..idea for makefg-1.3.0: WEUSESYSTEMPLIB=1, WEUSESYSTEMOSG=1

Already thought of, and done ;=))

For all the recent versions there are options -

PLIBPATH=<path>
OSGPATH=<path>

Which should do what you ask, but I have NEVER installed
PLIB nor OSG into a 'standard' system path, so have
never tried these options in that case, but they should
work...

That is why the only relevant thing I get is 'openal'
when I run things like -
"for i in openal plib openscene simgear \
flightgear ; do dpkg -l |grep $i ;done |fmt -tu "

I have used, and tested them when I do _NOT_ want
to download and build yet another of these 2, thus
when building in say ~/fg/fg14, I can reuse say
my builds in ~/fg/fg12/install/[plib|osgvers]...

And likewise there are options -
BOOSTPATH=<path>
BOOSTLIBS=<path>
to point to where BOOST is either installed or
'staged' (not built or installed)...

And a very, _VERY_ important one these days :-
FGDATADIR=<path>
to _NOT_ re-clone this massive block multiple
times ;=)) time and space...

However, at present you have to do MANUAL updates
of such sources if the path is outside the 'root'
build... and I think it will stay that way...

As you may have learned, once a build completes
successfully, some 'configuration' information is
written to ~/bin/makefg-<version>.conf file, so you
do _NOT_ have to remember to re-input such paths when
it is run again, again, and again...

Of course, with care you can manually adjust this
'conf' file... but it is easy to mess up the simple
parsing that is done... so not particularly
recommended ;=()

And that is why there is a option NO_CONF, to tell the
script to ignore any 'configuration' file information,
when you want to really 'change' the setup
drastically...

Lots of options ;=)) over 80-90 at last count...

Regards,
Geoff.