On 18.04.2011 14:51, Adrian Musceac wrote:
> On Monday, April 18, 2011 01:09:56 Heiko Schulz wrote:
>> I had a fix locally but with the patch fixing the YASim issue I have now to
>> begin again. I see the problem in the airfoil, but a change to this means
>> that I have to change a lot of other parameters as well to keep the
>> behavior 100% correct. Means a lot of tuning....
> I took a quick look inside the FDM file. Unless your version is significantly
> different than mine, this patch should not affect the behaviour. There is no
> mention of cruise glide angle or approach and cruise fuel levels inside the
> file.
> The defaults provided inside FGFDM.cpp are the same as those that were
> previously hardcoded in Airplane.cpp. Maybe the problem is not at all related
> to this change?

And you also checked that approach glide angle isn't used? Otherwise,
the new default cruise angle (0.0) might not match the original approach
angle setting...

Anyway, we've committed the patch since it was assumed to not cause
major differences. These bugs have been there since the beginning of
YASim - so for 10+ years.
If it's confirmed that the patch actually caused major differences, then
we should "improve" the patch. We could restore the old "buggy"
behaviour by default and only use the new "correct" FDM configuration
behaviour for new FDMs, e.g. add a switch, such as a new FDM parameter
or YASim FDM version number in the xml file to enable the bugfix.

Heiko, and anyone else: if you think there is a major change, then
directly compare the FDM behaviour with and without the patch - and let
us know if there was trouble.

And that's the relevant patch:
http://www.gitorious.org/fg/flightgear/commit/7f5a0e35184677c21f1eafdfbe6438eb644cdbff

cheers,