Hi,

you can download my fgdata bundle from here [1]. You can (and should)
verify it with provided hashes and signature (GPG). After that you can
extract it with gitbundle (or so). The usage of that tool should be
widely documented.

Anyway, I like your idea (and many others here as well) because it
limits the fgdata repository only to the minimum-needed files to launch
FGFS.

Regards,
Roland

[1]: http://flightgear.mxchange.org/fgdata-bundle.html