On Wednesday 08 June 2011 12:27:30 Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 12:06:48 +0300 (EEST), thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi wrote
> in message
>
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see how willingness to exercise
> > copyright under GPL would require moving to a different license.
>
> ..you assume such "moving moving to a different license" has not taken
> place, (y)our (f)actual unwillingness to actually exercise your rights
> under copyright law to defend or enforce your copyrights, can be
> construed and asserted as "a new license" alongside the GPL.

May I ask on which jurisdiction your claim is based? Because I know for a fact
that it does not have anything to do with German or Austrian law and am quite
sure that there is no other European country where the law works anything like
you described and the same goes for the USA. Could it be that you're mixing
copyright and trademarks? Because trademarks are the only kind of
"intellectual property" rights which you have actually have to enforce in
order to not lose them.

There's no such need for copyright or creator's rights. For the latter, one
cannot even lose them if one wants. They are non-transferable and non-
relinquishable.

Stefan