On Saturday 25 June 2011 12:28:14 David Slocombe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently I do not even have a working fg on my machine, but I continue
> to peek at the flightgear-devel list occasionally. Today I saw this
> discussion of moving the aircraft directories to individual SVN repos
> instead of git.

The major drawback of GIT over CVS and SVN in this instance is GIT treats the
repository as an atomic whole. CVS and SVN have the ability to provide
partial checkouts, that is you could update a single directory or even just a
single file without updating the whole thing. This becomes important when the
repository grows into the multigigabyte size range.

Ron