Alex

> On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Vivian Meazza
> <vivian.mea...@lineone.net> wrote:
> >> Personally, I don't see a value in offering HTTP per-file instead of
> >> SVN per-directory, but others may do.  Hence the discussion above.
> >
> > The main problem right now is that Git cannot cope with the size of the
> > data, and it's getting worse by the day. The Git data repo on Gitorious
> is
> > no longer fit for purpose as currently configured.
>
> I'm not trying to defend staying on single-Git, but I think the first
> step is to implement on-demand loading of individual aircraft (and
> dependencies) and prove that it works.  Otherwise we'll be exposing
> end users to a lot of breakage.  Once we can demand load reliably,
> breaking the repo into many pieces is relatively trivial.
>
> > Streaming was mentioned (perhaps as a nice-to-have) in the context of
> > Multiplayer. If you didn't have a particular model then it might be
> streamed
> > instead of showing the rocket propelled blue and yellow glider.
>
> That's an excellent point, thank you.

What I failed to mention was that some, but by no means all, models have a
lighter weight version that resides in ~AI/Aircraft. Where it exists, it is
this version that should be streamed for MP. Perhaps it ought to be the case
for all models, but many aircraft developers never get around to it.

Vivian