On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Erik Hofman <e...@ehofman.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 14:32 -0500, Curtis Olson wrote:
> >
> > Also, we have older packages that were available for Sun, sgi, and
> > FreeBSD.  Can anyone comment on the latest package versions available
> > for these platforms and if we still want to list them on our download
> > page?  Who's going to be the first to come out with an Android
> > package? :-)
>
> Android (ARM) won't work since ARM only supports floatĀ“s in hardware and
> not double's.

I don't know about all hardware, but on ARM7/9, software double floating
point is actually surprisingly good, much better than you'd probably
imagine.  But finding hardware with enough RAM and drive space might be the
bigger challenge (and I'm not sure about support for compiling raw C/C++
code, although I heard that might exist or could possible exist in the
future.)

The omap3 has good hardware floating point (double) support.  So I'm sure
there are existing chips that wouldn't do so well, but there are also
existing chips that should do pretty well.

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/